This stunning Niello locket features a rose gold starburst center surrounded by a delicate wreath of roses on both the front and back. Niello jewelry was popular in the late Victorian era, having been brought to England and France from Russia, where the technique had been used for centuries. To create Niello jewelry, a mix of blackened metals is poured into designs carved into silver. Paired with a new oxidized silver chain, this locket feels totally modern despite its century of history.
- sterling silver, niello, and rose gold
- locket measures 25 mm x 25 mm
- c 1890
- opens to hold two photos, both original frames inside
- pairs perfectly with the 32” oxidized sterling silver chain pictured
- for more chain options email email@example.com
About the Luna & Stella Vintage Locket Collection:
Most of the lockets in the Luna & Stella Vintage Locket Collection were made between 1880 and 1940. Our Locket Necklaces are the perfect way to celebrate a relationship or remember a loved one.
- Arrives packaged in our elegant Italian gift box with satin ribbon.
- All lockets are in good condition for their age, but may show some signs of wear. Photos are unretouched and accurately reflect their condition.
- Not seeing what you are looking for or having a problem placing an order? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!