This unique Niello triangular locket features a rose gold fill fleur-de-lis and 3 surrounding stars on the front, and a four petaled design on the back. Niello jewelry was popular in the late Victorian era, having been brought to England and France from Russia, where the technique had been used for centuries. To create Niello jewelry, a mix of blackened metals is poured into designs carved into silver. The silver swirls in this piece are complemented by an overlay of rose gold. The locket hangs from a circular clasp which could hold additional charms or even keys. We've paired this locket with our vintage Art Deco square link chain comprised of alternating rectangular pieces - one with two openings in it and another with a raised and textured ball. A fierce locket for a strong woman.
- sterling silver, niello, and rose gold
- locket measures 24 mm x 24 mm, chain & ring measure 52 mm
- c 1890
- opens to hold two photos, both original frames inside
- pairs perfectly with the 18” sterling silver chain pictured
- for more chain options email email@example.com
About the Luna & Stella Vintage Locket Collection:
Most of the lockets in the Luna & Stella Vintage Locket Collection were made in Providence, RI or Attleboro, MA between 1880 and 1940. Our Locket Necklaces are the perfect way to celebrate a relationship or remember a loved one.
- Arrives packaged in our elegant Italian gift box with satin ribbon.
- All lockets are in good condition for their age, but may show some signs of wear. Photos are unretouched and accurately reflect their condition.
- Not seeing what you are looking for or having a problem placing an order? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!